- Consumers Prefer Convenience: 70% of business is done at the drive-thru window for major fast food chains.
- U.S. Fast Food Revenue Growth: 1970 – $6 Billion in revenue vs 2013 – $160 Billion. 8.6% Annual Growth.
Enhance Drive-Thru Experience with Customizable Self-Service Kiosk Machines:
- Outdoor Digital Menu Boards
- Greeter Boards and Promotional Signage
- Self-service Food Ordering Kiosk systems
- Employee-free ordering for more accuracy
Eliminate Long Lines: Perceived wait time decreased by 40% with self-service kiosk machines for businesses who implemented them in 2013.
Improve Order Accuracy: Industry standard for traditional drive-thru accuracy in 2013: 87.2%. Digital drive-thru menu signage are important to maintain a speedy flow of traffic, allowing customers to quickly make their meal decisions without mistakes.
How Effective are Self-service Kiosk Systems?
The Venetian Resort in Las Vegas reported that by moving their food photography from static to digital they increased its billboard viewership five-fold. The enhancements lead to quantifiable results:
- 80% of adult surveyed had seen digital signage in the last month.
- 70% of these respondents made an unplanned purchase.
- 74% of consumers say an easy to read menu is their top priority. This encourages consumers to broaden horizons and effectively see what menu items look like.
Modernization in a New Age
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Consumer Expenditure Surveys, the average household in the 25-and-under category spends 116 percent of its after-tax income. In these young households, spending 16 percent more than they make translates to about $267 a month on average.
- 22″ Wide Viewing Angle Portrait Touch Screen
- Amplified Stereo Speakers
- ADA Compliant
- Insert or Swipe Style Credit Card Reader
- WiFi or Cellular Connectivity
- Web Camera
Self-checkout Spans the Globe
The market for self-service checkout kiosk machines grew globally by 24% in 2013. More than 33,000 kiosks were shipped according to research by RBR, a London-based firm.
A large roll-out at Walmart contributed immensely to a major up-tick in self-service kiosk checkout systems, worldwide.
RBR estimates that self-service kiosk machines will grow from 191,000 to 325,000 in 2013.
- Menu board digital optimization shows sale increases as high as 10% for key products.
- Self-service kiosk machines can also be used as a way to leverage up-selling and cross-selling.