The Benefits of Retail Kiosks
Few industries stand to gain more from self-service than retail. Learn how to get the most from retail kiosks, and how the deployment of the technology yields benefits on both sides of the counter.
Retail at a Glance: Market Size
- 14 millions people in the U.S.A are employed in the retail industry
- In 20012 one million stores opened which is an indication of the U.S.A economy
- Two-thirds of GDP comes from retail
- 4.7 trillion dollars in retail sales in 2011
Retail Kiosk Trends
- Social/mobile tie-ins
- Unique display technology
- Virtual floorspace
- Mobile integration
- Self-service technologies
“Retailers should consider adopting immersive shopping technologies as a path from traditional retailing to omnichannel shopping.” IDC Research
The Big Benefits of Retail Kiosk Deployment
- With traditional transaction models, only 10% of sales associate time is spent on sales and customer service.
- Retail kiosk transactions cost approximately 75% less than cashier transactions.
- The increased convenience offered by electronic kiosks enhances customer satisfaction.
- Self-service kiosks allow businesses to streamline staffing costs to quickly offset the initial investment.