Kiosks are made up of more than just metal, computers and peripheral devices, get the most out of an Internet Kiosk with wise software decisions.
The Savvy Traveler
Access to a secured self-service Internet connection is something most travelers expect from the hotels they choose. In fact, access to the Internet can be a consumer’s deciding factor; it can shape the customer-service experience not only at a hotel but an airline, apartment complex, healthcare facility and other service-oriented businesses.
Technology Budgets in the Lodging Industry
Average budget for a single location:
- $400,000 Luxury
- $250,000 Midscale
- $123,000 Economy
Where IT Dollars are Spent
- 19.7% Guest room technology
- 18.9% Property management system
- 10.1% Customer relationship management
Pay For Use Internet Kiosk Solution
- Accept credit cards
- Secured OS
- Secured browsing
- “Hands-off” solution
- Content filtering
- Access popular apps
- Energy efficient
- 24/7 Uptime
Guest Room HSIA: Free or For a Fee?
Currently, 55% of Hotels – the Bulk of the Industry – Provide High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) at no additional cost beyond room rate.
- 44.9% Free to guests
- 19.8% Flat fee
- 11.0% Tiered (no free level)
- 14.3 Tiered with free level
What Hotels Are Using and Plan to Use
- 59.6% Of hotels currently have a mobile website
- 33.7% Of hotels will allow check-in on guest’s mobile devices within 1 year
- 23.6% Of hotels currently use Kiosks
- 22.5% Of hotels will develop a mobile app within 1 year