We ask the question, are Self-Service Kiosks becoming the technology of the future? This is what is going on in the self-service kiosk landscape.
- Consumers Prefer Convenience: 70% of business is done at the drive-thru window for major fast food chains.
- U.S. Fast Food Revenue Growth: 1970 – $6 Billion in revenue vs 2013 – $160 Billion. 8.6% Annual Growth.
Enhance Drive-Thru Experience with Customizable Self-Service Kiosks:
- Outdoor Digital Menu Boards
- Greeter Boards and Promotional Signage
- Self-service Food Ordering Kiosks
- Employee-free ordering for more accuracy
Eliminate Long Lines: Perceived wait time decreased by 40% with self-service kiosks for businesses who implemented them in 2013.
Improve Order Accuracy: Industry standard for traditional drive-thru accuracy in 2013: 87.2%. Digital drive-thru menu signage are important to maintain a speedy flow of traffic, allowing customers to quickly make their meal decisions without mistakes.
How Effective are Self-service Kiosks?
The Venetian Resort in Las Vegas reported that by moving their food photography from static to digital they increased its billboard viewership fivefold. The enhancements lead to quantifiable results:
- 80% of adult surveyed had seen digital signage in the last month.
- 70% of these respondents made an unplanned purchase.
- 74% of consumers say an easy to read menu is their top priority. This encourages consumers to broaden horizons and effectively see what menu items look like.
Modernization in a New Age
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Consumer Expenditure Surveys, the average household in the 25-and-under category spends 116 percent of its after-tax income. In these young households, spending 16 percent more than they make translates to about $267 a month on average.
- 22″ Wide Viewing Angle Portrait Touch Screen
- Amplified Stereo Speakers
- ADA Compliant
- Insert or Swipe Style Credit Card Reader
- WiFi or Cellular Connectivity
- Web Camera
Self-checkout Spans the Globe
The market for self-service checkout kiosks grew globally by 24% in 2013. More than 33,000 kiosks were shipped according to research by RBR, a London-based firm.
A large roll-out at Walmart contributed immensely to a major up-tick in self-service kiosk checkout solutions, worldwide.
RBR estimates that self-service kiosk machines will grow from 191,000 to 325,000 in 2013.
- Menu board digital optimization shows sale increases as high as 10% for key products.
- Self-service kiosks can also be used as a way to leverage up-selling and cross-selling.